SPACE for Children & Teens with Anxiety
Register for this Event
What is SPACE?
Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (SPACE) is a parent-based treatment program for children and adolescents with anxiety, OCD, and related problems. SPACE was developed by Dr. Eli Lebowitz at the Yale Child Study Center.
What makes SPACE unique?
- PARENTS are the focus, the child does not need to be present
- Treatment works to target PARENT accommodations that reinforce childhood anxiety
- PARENTS learn to respond more supportively to their anxious child in the moment
- SPACE is meant to be short term with the target of completion in 6 sessions or less
Our SPACE treatment is led by staff clinicians Rachel Kusilek LPCC and Elizabeth Kittleson, LMFT
There are two options available to access SPACE treatment:
- 1:1 sessions
- Join a cohort of 4-5 families & work through the process together in a virtual setting
Virtual or In Person options available
SPACE treatment is not a service covered by insurance
$200 per individual session OR $700 for a package of 5 group sessions + one session individual session
- Rachel is offering group and individual options – Contact Rachel for consultation
- Liz is offering individual coaching only at this time – Contact Liz for consultation
To learn more about SPACE: read this or watch this!